** Update ** I found today those two posts, one about WP 2.2.1, Wordpress 2.2.1 is now available, some famous blogger donâ€™t care?.
Second one show plugin that can help you with upgrade process, WordPress Instant Upgrade. I never use it before but i think i will try on 2 or 3 blogs and see how it works.
WordPress 2.2.1 is now available. 2.2.1 is a bug fix release for the 2.2 series. Since 2.2 was released a month ago, the WordPress community has been improving fit-and-finish by identifying and fixing those little bugs that can be so annoying and by fine-tuning some small details. The result is a nicely polished 2.2.1 release. The full list of bugs fixed in 2.2.1 is available here. Here are some highlights.
* Atom feed validation fixes (#4274, #4307, #4381, #4382)
* XML-RPC fixes (#4314, #4329, #4315, #4469)
* Widget backward compatibility fixes (#4275)
* Widget layout fixes for IE7 (#4264, #4268)
* Page and Text Widget improvements (#4302, #4259)
Unfortunately, 2.2.1 is not just a bug fix release. Some security issues came to light during 2.2.1 development, making 2.2.1 a required upgrade. 2.2.1 addresses the following vulnerabilities:
* Remote shell injection in PHPMailer
* Remote SQL injection in XML-RPC Discovered by Alexander Concha.
* Unescaped attribute in default theme
More: WordPress 2.2.1